I’ve interviewed the 32 years old designer ShuennKee Chong, in order to come to know something else about her creations. She was born and grown up in Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia) and she has studied Metalsmithing at the Parsons School Of Design, in New York.
– What does ThirtyFour creates?
– ThirtyFour is an interdisciplinary design practice and lifestyle initiative. To date ThirtyFour has been occupied with explorations in skin, culminating in three collections of leather accessories that trace life’s various postures (accessories, bags, sandals).
– Which are the materials?
– At the moment : leather, fabric, metals.
– Collection 03. As with their past collections, ThirtyFour’s current showing has skin and fold as material and process. By manipulating a simple crease, the collection toys with forms both organic and structured. This season’s exploration in skin sees vegetable tan calfskin, embossed leather, mock croc and pony hair as examples of different perspectives on texture and form. The pairing of unique materials and clean ,strong shapes evoke a relaxed and understated seduction in our designs.
– Howdoes ThirtyFour creationscome into existence? Which are the inspirations?
– ThirtyFour came to existence from passion in design. Inspirations comes form everyday routine, people we meet, new needs, the color of surroundings…
– Yes. Retailing in specialty stores in Kuala Lumpur, Singapore, New York and Berlin. And on the internet via www.wefew.net. We sell our creations since 2 years.
– Does ThirtyFour work also on contract?
To contact ThirtyFour:
If you want to purchase ThirtyFour creations in Europe, you can contact Diwa Tharan in Berlin: firstname.lastname@example.org.
You are so interesting! I don’t think I’ve read something like that
before. So nice to discover someone with some unique thoughts on this issue.
Really.. thanks for starting this up. This site is one thing that is required on the internet, someone with some originality!